got this from sew, mama, sew! it's a tell-us-about-your-stash questionnaire. or as i like to call it. stash talk.
* What do you usually sew?
i usually sew little girls clothing. sometimes i sew an outfit for my baby boy as well. sometimes my oldest son will allow me to make him some pj bottoms or pillows. and on rare occasions i even sew a little something for myself. but for the most part, it's little girls clothing.
* When you shop for fabric, what size cuts do you usually buy? (i.e. If you see something beautiful, but you don’t have a use for it right away, how much do you buy?)
at least 3 yards. that would be the minimum
* Do you buy on impulse or do you go out looking for something you need?
* Are you a pre-washer? If you are, do you wash your fabric before you need it, or only when you’re ready to use it?
depends. if i buy the fabric at a yard sale or the thrift store i wash it as soon as i get home. otherwise, i wash it when i need it. if i remember to before i cut it out, that is.
* Do you iron it?
if it needs it
* How do you sort it? (color, print size, collection, etc.)
ummm. at one point it was sorted by colors. not so much anymore. i do have cottons together. knits together. flannels together. fleece together. etc.
* Do you have any special folding techniques?
* How do you store your fabric?
when we moved into this house one of the rooms had a built in bookcase type thingy along one wall. i store my fabric in there.
* When do you say enough is enough?
i'm not for sure that i would ever think that. let alone have those words actually come out of my mouth. i am however trying to use more, buy less. but that's because of the economy.
* What are some of your favorite stash-busting projects?
quilts. wallets. little girl outfits.
* Do you have a current favorite print in your stash? Let’s see it!
i think i do. i will take a pic and post it tomorrow!