Sunday, May 13, 2012

2012-05-13 mother's day

today is mother's day.  what a wonderful day.  i was blessed to be able to spend mother's day with 4 great mothers.  my grandma, my sister, my aunt. and of course the best mother of them all, MY mom!  we had a delicious lunch.  the men did men things. and the kids played outside for hours.

bray, nan, and bossy have taught me so much in just their few short years.  they've taught me to not be selfish.  they've taught me to care about others more than myself.  they've taught me patience and time management. and of course they've taught me that the love you get from children is like no other. =)

it's hard for me to talk about my love for my children.  not because i don't love them!!!  but because i have so much love for them that it makes me emotional.  and good grief, if i cry i start getting all snotty and that's just not a good look for me.

if i am half the mother that my mom is then my sweet beautiful children are doing well.  i pray that Jesus gives me the wisdom to guide them the way He wants me to.  and i praise God and thank Him daily for entrusting these precious children to my care.

1 comment:

Deborah Hamilton said...

I like the look of your new blog. Congratulations on the weight loss too. Keep up the good work.